More than an amazing ski day, a real life experience that you'll never forget!!
Fly and ski, the most amazing skiing experience!!
Heliskiing is not only about skiing untouched powder snow, it is a life experience, one of these you'll never forget!!
The helicopter flight itself in the heart of the Mont-Blanc range is incredible! Heliskiing is a regulated activity and it is only open in specific areas in Italy and Switzerland. From Chamonix, the closest place is on the italian side of Mont-Blanc, next to Courmayeur at about 30 to 40 min by car through the Mont-Banc tunnel.
The helicopter base is situated in Enteves next to the Skyway cable car.
After a security briefing about the flight and the skiing, we will fly to the Col de l'Aiguille des Glaciers at 3600m. It takes 10 - 15 min and the view is absolutely stunning!! From the Col, your guide will choose the itinerary according with the snow conditions. The 1st descent is on the south facing slopes of Mont-Blanc and the skiing is mostly on glaciers and stops at a place called Combal Lake with is a huge wide flat area (a beautiful lake in summer) about 1600m of negative dénivellation.
From Combal Lake, you'll fly again but this time on the other side of the valley, on Mont Fortin 2800m high. From this summit the view on the Mont-Blanc south face is amazing. The descent will follow one of the different itineraries all the way to Zerotta, a nice little spot where you'll have a typical italian lunch.
After lunch and depending on the conditions, it is possible to ski a bit more on the Courmayeur ski resort or go back to the car being pulled by snow scooters!!
Why 2 drops?
We believe that heliskiing is not something you do everyday and since it is an incredible experience we don't want you to feel frustrated with a "too short" skiing day. 1 drop is from our experience too short. Of course it is possible to do more, 3, 4, 5 maybe drops but the cost is quite different. The best balance is 2 or 3 drops in a day.
What about environment and carbon offsetting?
Because at Chamonix Mountain Guide we feel concerned about preserving nature in general and because we conscious about the impact of our activities, we decided to propose an heliskiing experience (because it definitely worse it!!) and compensate our carbon waste by a donation of 1% of our profits to Yvon Chouinard's association, 1% for the planet!
- Meeting in Chamonix around 8am. The meeting place and the exact hour will be decided by your guide the evening -before. We will check again our equipment to make sure we have everything.
- 30 to 40 min drive to the helicopter base in Entreves, Italy
- Safety briefing and equipment check
- 1st drop to Col de l'Aiguille des Glaciers
- 2nd drop from Combal Lake to Mont Fortin
- Lunch in Zerotta
- Back to the car and then to Chamonix
The program is subject to modification according weather forecast and snow conditions. The guide will decide the more appropriate drop off and itineraries.
- UIAGM / IFMGA mountain guide
- 2 helicopter drop off
- Lunch at the restaurant in Zerotta
- Courmayeur afternoon ski pass to get back to the car
- Transfer from Chamonix to Entreves
What's not included:
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Extra helicopter drop off
- Ski equipment
- ABS or similar safety backpack - mandatory (rental possible for 25€/day)
- Safety avalanche kit: DVA, probe & shovel - mandatory (rental possible for 25€/day)
- Helmet- mandatory (rental possible for 10€/day)
- personnel insurance (cancellation and repatriation)
- everthing that is not in the "what's included" section
Amazing days experience
My husband and son did a five drop Heli ski experience with RK and absolutely loved it!! They had two great guides who they spoke very highly of Don and Nate.
They had a brilliant time in not the best visibility conditions, but my 14 year old son said that it had been the best day of his life.
They were well cared for food and drink wise and although the group was of mixed ability they worked well together!
Would definitely recommend!!
Anna Jones, UK, Jan 2019
Our return visit to RK found the standard and service provided as excellent as our first some time before. Outstanding and helpful staff at every turn even if, for this visit, we were the village idiots. The attitude and friendly professionalism of the team cannot be praised enough and a further visit from us is certain.
James Owen, USA, Jan 2019
Safety - Risk awareness