Hiking/Snowshoeing in the mountains in winter is a unique experience that you can enjoy with a snowshoe experience on Col du Géant at 3500m high! From the Skyway italian lift, a unique an extraordinary day on the glaciers!!
Glacier hike - Snowshoeing - Altitute taste - Skyway lift
Winter is not dedicated to skiers! Not at all actually and having the opportunity to discover the beauty of the high mountains in winter is a real priviledge. Not difficult at all, you will take it easy to walk with your snowshoe on the glacier around the Col du Géant area.
According to the conditions, we can go to Col de Toute and have a panoramic view on the Combe Maudite and the Vallée Blanche glacier. Or heading east, we can hike to Pointe Vallet at the bottom of the Dent du Géant which is an extraordinary point of view on the Mont-Blanc Brenva face!!
- Meeting with your guide in Chamonix at 8am and then drive through the Mont-Blanc tunnel to take the Skyway cable car.
- From the top of the Skyway, you will hike according to the group between 3 to 5 hours, including a pic nic.
- Back to Chamonix around 4 pm
- UIAGM / IFMGA mountain guide
- Safety group equipment: rope, ice screws, harnesses, avalanche transceivers
- Transportation from Chamonix to Skyway car park (according to your guide's car capacity)
What's not included:
- Drinks, snacks and pic nic
- Snowshoes and ski pulls (we can help you to rent some)
- Ski pass (we can provide/include the ski pass if needed)
- Personnel insurance (cancellation and repatriation)
- Everything that is not in the "what's included" section