Let’s go lead a multi pitches route in the Aravis ! We want to share our knowledge and experience to let you take a step further in your climbing progression. We could sum up the goal of this course by “from the gym to the highest cliffs”. The Aravis range is the perfect playground to take some highs!
This course is not adapted for complete beginners. We ask the participant to have a previous and recent experience of sport climbing or indoor climbing. You should be able to lead 5c pitches. Age minimum: 18 ans.
Themes we will focus on
- Belaying : how to set up a belay.
- Leading : how to lead a multipitche route. Being relax, concentrated and focus
- How to choose your route / how to read a topo / guide book
- How to escape if necessary / how to get down
Our guides will provide some collective / group equipment if needed. Since the goal is supervise you in your own ascent, please take your own gear if you have some so we will be able to help you use it. You need to have your own personal equipment (harness, helmet, shoes, crampons,…). We can help you rent some if you need to with our partner shop.
Our favorite spots
We propose to go in the Aravis because we have a large choice of routes and cliffs for every levels. We like very much the Jallouvre / Colombière area but we might go to others places too.
Important : please note that the program below is given as an example. Your mountain guide can change and/or adapt it according to weather forecast and conditions. Nuyama mountain guide’s are experimented and the only ones able to change the program.
We’ll get in touch with the rock on the Colombiere cliff, above the col de la Colombiere. We review sport climbing technics, gesture and belaying strategy on multi pitches route. We will focus on the safety of the belays to make sure you’re able to manage a multi pitch route the next day.
We will choose all together according to confidence and level, a route that you will lead or share the lead with some colleagues. The descent is also a big part of the day and something we will focus on.
We can also organise a «private» multi pitch climbing course for your group with the price below. Please contact us to check dates. Privates groups on request
Prices for Private Groups
- 1 pers : 1250€
- 2 pers : 670€/pers
- 3 pers : 480€/pers
- 4 pers : 380€/pers
- 5 pers : 325€/pers
- 6 pers : 295€/pers
Price for Individual Bookings joining a Collective Group:
13 - 14 Jun
20 - 21 Jun
4 - 5 Jul
8 - 9 Aug
5 - 6 Sep
12 - 13 Sep
- UIAGM / IFMGA international mountain guide. Our guides speaks fluent English and beside the safety of your group, they will make your alpine experience unforgettable.
- Half board in a hostel (diners and breakfast included)
- Collective mountain equipment (rope, carabiners,…)
What’s not included
- Drinks and snacks (during the day and at the hut)
- Pic nic
- Personal equipment (you can rent everything with our partner shop)
Climbers must be able to lead a 5 grade route